Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Can Lymphatic drainage help you?
Lymphatic drainage can be used to treat various problems such as:
- Swelling after orthopedic injuries
- Lymphedema post-cancer or surgery
- Lymphedema due to genetic abnormalities
- Swelling management due to physical changes such as pregnancy
- Digestive blockages, IBS and constipation
- Chronic sinus blockages or infections
- Chronic headaches or migraines
- Ear blocking and a lot more
The 9 uses for Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic Drainage massage is useful to help decrease the swelling in the ankles and elsewhere in the body. It can also help with digestions and other bodily aches that appear.
Manual Lymph Drainage massage can help increase the lactation flow, and help to prevent blockages.
Pre-Natal Lymphatic Massage can help if a baby is having digestive problems such as constipation or indigestion, it is also helpful in helping the baby breathe better and decreases sinus and ear blockages.
Many people have residual swelling after they have had an operation. Sante & Physique specializes in Lymphatic Drainage therapy that can help reduce the swelling to decrease the time needed to heal. The operation could be for Orthopedic, Medical or Aesthetic reasons.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is effective in balancing the hormonal effects of the menstrual cycle and any pain or swelling associated with it.
Many types of cancer require treatments that include the removal of lymph nodes and part of the lymphatic system. This type of treatment can increase the chances of long-term swelling and lymphedema. Lymphatic Drainage Massage and Compression Therapy will help to release and manage the lymphedema and swelling.
A Manual Lymphatic Massage increases the lymphatic circulation including the circulation in the sinuses. This increase in circulation will help to decrease any ear blockages, and help decrease symptoms of Meunier’s Disease if it is caused by lymphatic reasons.
CHRONIC SINUS PROBLEMS
A manual lymph drainage therapy can help to decrease the occurrence of chronic sinusitis and chronic sinus congestions.
MIGRAINES & HEADACHES
Most headaches are caused by hormonal, digestive and muscular imbalances. Lymphatic Drainage Massage can help to level these imbalances and decrease the occurrence of headaches.
What is Lymphedema?
Lymphedema is a condition whereby a limb/limbs/body parts increase in size due to fluid retention in the area. This fluid retention is caused by a dysfunction in the lymphatic system caused by genetic, morbidity or direct damage to the lymphatic pathways. While a cure for lymphedema does not exist, it can be managed and ameliorated with Vodder Lymphatic Drainage and Compression Therapy.
Consult a medical professional immediately if:
- Increase in swelling is accompanied by a shortness of breath
- Skin is red, warm and painful
- There is extreme pain in the area with lymphedema
- The skin is blue or purple
Symptoms of Lymphedema
- Increase in size of limb/body part
- Swelling will seem gel-like
- Difficulty wearing watches, bracelets, shoes
- Change in colour and texture of skin
- Hardening of the swelling
- Feeling of legs or arms being very heavy
- Pain in parts of the body that compensate for the extra weight
- Development of elephantiasis
Side-effects if left untreated
- 70% more chances of developing cellulitis, a deadly skin infection
- Leaking of the fluid through breaks in the skin
- Permanent damage to the skin
- Increased risk of injuries to the body
- Risk of lymphangiosarcoma